Saturday 27 November 2010

The Hunting Party

This is my second novel, written while I was still with Charlie Viney's Agency. It was Charlie's idea that I try writing historical fiction. He suggested the true story of Winifred, the Countess of Nithsdale's rescue of her husband William from the Tower of London, the night before his execution for his part in the failed Jacobite rebellion of 1715. Since it's a true story, it's really fictionalised biography rather than a novel.
I enjoyed the research but historical fiction is not a genre I read, so writing the novel didn't come easily. I remain fond of Winifred and several agents have shown interest. It's currently on the long-list for the UK Authors Opening Pages Competition.
The Hunting Party will be discussed on December 15th. at 8 pm on the on-line book group for completed but yet to be published novels. If you want to read the novel and take part in the discussion visit http://yettobebooks.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment