Wednesday 17 February 2010

My Working Life (1)

I don't write much about my working life but since work is where I spend most of my time, that's about to change. It's half term this week, so the schools are closed but it's still busy. This afternoon I visited a family to discuss my statutory advice or 'Appendix D' which is a detailed report educational psychologists write on children who are undergoing a legal multi-professional assessment of special educational needs.
In the small living room there were five children, the autistic child I was assessing, two little girls under three and two boys, one about three and the other about eight. The television was on and a neighbour was visiting. We spent about an hour and a half going through my report in detail, with everyone chipping in. This is normal, except that quite often there can be dogs as well.
We got the work done and I had a cup of coffee before I left. Life is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment